No. 1 Update
I’ve retrieved our piston and snifters back from El Camino Machine in Salinas. With Jim’s help, we started to reassemble the left side engine. I also installed the new Snifter valves. Thanks to Jeff who acquired the proper 1 1/4″ to 1 1/2″ bushings for this upgrade. No more angle cocks!
Here are a few shots of the progress. I have not tested the work yet. I also want to start a project of putting in a hydrostatic
lubricator for the air compressor. Sharps & Fellows has sold the rail that was stock piled at the ranch and trucked out their tamper.
I have been working on the Russell steam tractor. Her cylinder rusted and the piston froze.